Sugar Spice and Spilled Milk
I was hooked the first time I had a taste of this pie. My sweet Aunt Dot made me one for a milestone birthday I didn’t want to acknowledge (it was the big 5 – 0), and this pie really did make the birthday better and easier to face. She gave me the recipe, and it is super simple, so if you know someone who needs a distraction from a birthday downer this is the pie to do it!
- 2 deep dish pie crusts baked according to package directions and cooled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) carton whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
Optional: Additional whole or chopped pecans for garnish
Combine cream cheese and condensed milk with mixer until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Fill pie shells in layers beginning with cream cheese mixture, then toasted coconut mixture, then caramel topping, then finish with cream cheese mixture on top. Top of pie may be garnished with whole or chopped pecans. Freeze until ready to serve. Makes 2 pies.