Sugar Spice and Spilled Milk
This is too much fun not to share. Great little project for you, and even the kids,, any day…
When I read about making homemade Goldfish crackers and saw the recipe on Tasty Kitchen, I knew I would have to try it. My sister’s response to the project was, “Have you lost your mind?” I know, maybe it does seem a little odd to make your own Goldfish crackers, but they are so cute. All I needed to do was get out my kitchen shears, cut up my Diet Coke can, and fashion myself a teensy cutter in the shape of a fish.
- 8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together cheese, butter, flour, and salt until the dough resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired.
- Place on a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.
I enjoyed my homemade Goldfish Cracker project. This would be great for kids, too. When you roll out the dough no flour is needed, so it’s not messy at all. It was an easy, quick, and tasty project, even for someone who has “lost her mind”.
By: Anita ‘Recipe Queen’ Stafford, See Original Post here