So Now You’re 62
I find it interesting how much I enjoy now at 62 the same endeavors of my childhood…
- I spent summer days at the beach a block from my home. Today I am enjoying a beautiful pool.
- I read every Nancy Drew mystery book. Patterson is one of my favorite authors today.
- I made little apartments for Ken and Barbie on the front lawn. I enjoy decorating mine.
- My skates had a key and went on over my shoes. I later became a state champion.
- A blue bike meant freedom to explore my town. For five years I mountain biked as an adult.
I guess my “A-Ha” moment is learning that what we loved doing as a child comes back to us in retirement – except for the mountain biking. Now it’s a stationary recline bike!
By: Patricia “Golden Girl” Lynne